Monday, December 31, 2012

See Ya 2012

This is my obligatory last post of 2012. 2013 can't come soon enough, it is a fresh start if only in calendar form, and I am welcoming it with every part of me. 2012 was one year that I am ready to put in the past. This new year I plan to focus on what I love and not let 2014 come in without a book being done. It still remains to be seen whether this will be a book of fiction or a retelling of my Appalachian Trail Thru-hike, but my plans are to work on both until one overtakes the other. There will be a lot of writing and training in 2013, just the way it should be. 


Yesterday I got in my first long run in awhile. It was so cold when I woke up and so intimidating. But 2013 will be the year of NO EXCUSES, so I bundled up threw the beaten Newtons on and headed out the door. One thing I did do yesterday that I haven't done in years is listen to music on my run. I needed a little extra motivation, and although I usually like to be aware of my surroundings and always preach no head phones, it was a nice change. A little Sunday morning "Church" music to get me through the miles and the cold. 


I can't say the run was fast, it was actually a little too slow, but I was happy to be out and just logging the miles again. Afterwards I used my culinary genius to make a quick lunch of brown rice pasta and eggs over easy. It is a good thing that this isn't a foodie blog, I would fail miserably at it. It looked far from appetizing, but I promise you it was good. Have I mentioned that I will eat anything?


My day finished off with some football, of course. The seasons over for us Jets fans, and sorry to say Giants fans too. However, just to add insult to injury I wore my new Jets shirt from my wonderful godson/nephew today. Just so you know I bleed green people, even after the entire ship... err team sinks. 


Now it is time to load up for the party tonight and decide whether to hit the gym for a quick hour or not. Tomorrow a much needed long ride is on the table, snow, rain or whatever happens, it is happening. Have fun tonight everyone! Don't drink and drive and make sure you give 2012 the finger on it's way out the door. 


1 comment:

  1. Ha ha, I love the last line. See you tomorrow for our first annual snow century :)

    ReplyDelete