Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Slacking Because I'm Not Slacking

I am going to start today's post off with a few solid facts:

1. I have been slacking on the writing, blog and book alike.

2. I have NOT been slacking on the training plan, full steam ahead on that front.

3. My favorite color is green.

4. I have a serious weakness for fruit snacks.

Things are off to a great start, I am on my third week of structured training and feeling stronger and faster everyday. I no longer feel like I'm drowning in the pool and swam a solid 2600 yards yesterday without feeling like someone had hooked me up to the back of their wagon and dragged me along a pot hole filled back country road. The running is running, it sucks, it's hard, and that is just how it should be. There has been a lot of trainer riding and little to no road riding or Mountain biking, which is starting to make me loopy...






I'm talking like Kanye West loopy from all this time on the bike inside. Tomorrow I am going to brave the outdoors no matter what mother nature decides to throw in. I have two and a half hours of riding on the schedule and I don't plan on suffering that out while watching a movie, I need some fresh cold windy air. Truthfully guys, if the wind is in the 25 mph and up range, I'm going to be a total wimp and stay inside, there I said it. I read this paragraph over and thought, who am I kidding, cold I can take but wind? Wind is my kryptonite. Tonight is the indoor spin with the group as usual. Crazy is always on the menu for this work out. A little run before hand as the appetizer to make me extra beaten and battered.



That just about does it as far as catching up. I had so many ideas to write about and wrote them all down, but they have all expired in my mind and now I'm left with rotten stale ideas. I need to get back to a more steady writing pace so I can put the fresh ideas to good use. Until then you just get boring run downs of the training I have been doing so far... and pictures of surfers that you cannot see because they are too far away and I don't have a real camera. I'm concerned I no longer remember how to work a real camera.



No comments:

Post a Comment